Wednesday 16 October 2013

What if Calories Cost Money?


If calories cost 1cent per calorie I think many people would eat healthier. Fruits and veggies are way lower in calories then per say a cheese burger. I know that I would stay clear of the more expensive higher calorie foods just to save. People should be buying more fruits and veggies already but if they had a incentive WAY more people would be doing this. Fruits are about 90-100 calories a piece (90 cents to a dollar) compare to a cheese burger that is upward of 1000 calories for ONE burger (10 dollars) no one could afford buying multiple a day with prices like that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, healthier foods are more expensive than say a burger now so if they were to charge based on nutrition facts, I think a lot of people would change their eating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your way of thinking on this, however I can't help but think about foods like say, an avocado. They are healthy (in moderation of course) but are also very caloric.I wonder if this was the case, they could make exceptions for such foods.

    ReplyDelete